Grain Sacks: New-Old Stock
New-old stock is a term used in the antique business to describe an item that is genuinely old but, instead of being used, has been stored for a period of time. New-old grain sack stock is old and authentic, was stored in barns and attics in unused or, sometimes, in lightly-used condition.
- Hand woven and hand-decorated linen.
- I have multiples in most same-farm grain sacks as the entire stock has been purchased from each farm. Only the inventory numbers of same-farm grain sacks are different.
- Variations in the weight, texture or color/shade are to be expected even in grain sacks from the same farm. This could be a consideration for the specifics of a project.
- The graphics of one grain sack might feature stripes while another grain sack from the same farm may not. If a grain sack shown on this site has a stripe, it may be available without one.
- These grain sacks may contain slight signs of wear such as markings and darning.
- All new-old stock is clean and ready to use. I machine wash and dry my grain sacks with no loss of graphics. Some of the heavier sacks are less wrinkled if hung after washing. Once dry, they can be softened in the dryer